The pavilion has been built for Ottoman Greek Banker Konstantin Kabayanidis as a summer house in the late 19th century. The building excited the attention of the founder of the Republic of Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Atatürk during his visit to Trabzon in 1924. It is assigned to the great leader in 1931 by a decree of Trabzon City Council at 1931. It is the second visit of Atatürk at 1937 that made the pavilion a highly significant place for the history of the republic. The great leader made his will and legated all his wealth to the Turkish nation at his room in the pavilion. The pavilion has been turned into a museum in 1943, and it attracts a great number of visitors from Trabzon, Turkey and abroad ever since.
Address: Soğuksu Mahallesi, Ata Caddesi, 61040, Ortahisar, Trabzon
Visiting Hours: Everyday 09:00-19:00
Entrance Fee: ₺7.50 (Students: ₺3.00)